SkillsFuture Festival – The Making of the Bicentennial Experience
SkillsFuture Festival is collaborating with Singapore Bicentennial Office to bring you a special series where you would get to interact and find out more of how the Bicentennial Experience was developed from the Creative team themselves! Participants will get to go through the Time Traveller show, followed by a discussion with the respective speakers.
There are 3 sessions available.
1. From Vision to Implementation (Date: 5 July) - 5.25pm to 7.30pm
Speakers: Michael Chiang (Creative Director) / Kenny Wong (Technical Director)
1) Provide an overview of the entire project, from conception to implementation.
2) Talk about the uniqueness of the project and the many innovations within the Experience.
3) Talk about the different groups of expertise that were brought in and the challenges in pulling everyone together to fulfil a common goal.
2. Technical Design (Date: 7 July) - 7.10pm to 9.20pm
Speakers: Kenny Wong (Technical Director) / Cheah Wei Chun (Art Director)
1) Introduce the challenges and problems faced in configuring the venue for use.
2) Introduce the various technical innovations and features within the show.
3) How to dovetail between the technical directions and the art directions.
4) How the art directions drive the fulfillment of the Bicentennial Experience.
3. Creative Design (10 July) - 6.25pm to 8.30pm
Speakers: Gene Tan (Executive Director) / Brian Gothong Tan (Multimedia Director)
1) Talk about the overall creative philosophy and vision for the Experience.
2) Introduce the challenges and problems faced and the solutions implemented.
3) Give details and insights into the various digital cinematic features and dimensions of the Experience.
4) The integration between the Digital and Physical realms.